Yamboree Floral Cup
Registration Deadline October 1, 2022
The entry Fee will be $15 per contestant. The competition is open to individuals enrolled in schools eligible to participate in the Yamboree Youth Livestock Show and Sale and who are members of the 4-H and FFA. Return the Yamboree Floral Cup Registration Form and payment to Rachelle Darby @ Harmony FFA 9788 SH 154 West; Big Sandy, TX 75755 by October 1st. They may be mailed or hand delivered. Make checks payable to Harmony FFA.
Grand and Reserve Buckles will be awarded.
Top 10 individuals will be recognized and awarded a rosette ribbon. Top 20 individuals will be recognized and awarded a floral apron.
The Top Ten Arrangements will be given to the top ten local businesses that financially support the Yamboree Youth Livestock Show and Sale for display during the week of the Yamboree.
The designer’s name and school will be displayed with the arrangement.
|Rachelle Darby||Breeann Hill||Brandi Ferrer Abby Clayton|
|Delaney Davidson||Tina Rosenbalm|
- Every precaution will be taken in the handling and exhibiting of work; however, the Yamboree Association will not be responsible for loss or damage, which may occur from any cause. Submission of entries implies acceptance of all conditions stated in these rules.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Each contestant in the competition will compete individually with no assistance of any kind from others. No talking will be allowed during the specified design times.
- Contestants will be furnished identical bundles of materials, including fresh flowers, foliage, and supplies. Containers and floral foam needed will also be included.
- Each contestant should bring his/her own tools: knife, scissors, wire(s), tape(s), wire cutters, etc.
-Participants must attend the Orientation at 1:00 pm before the competition begins.
-The participant will have 45 minutes to design.
-No basing, wiring, taping, or gluing of floral product or foam will be allowed until the time begins.
-The use of hot glue, electrical tools, or other floral machinery is NOT allowed during the competition.
-A size restriction of 30”x 30” square area, flower to flower, with height being unlimited will be strictly enforced. The participant must be able the carry the arrangement without assistance.
-The contestant may use only the materials provided.
Judging and Scoring
-Judging will be based on 10 criteria.
-A score will be given by each judge. All the scores will then be averaged to determine the placings.
-In the event of a tie, the judges will re-evaluate the design piece for consideration in artistic execution.
-If materials are available, the top ten will advance to a championship round.
Unity (harmony & texture) Balance (physical & visual) Focal Emphasis
Line (movement & rhythm) Depth
Color (balance, harmony, & rhythm) Mechanics (professional application)
Use of provided materials (utilization of material costs)
Competition Date and Place: Gilmer Event Center October 17, 2022 @ 1:00pm
Award Presentation ~ 4:00 pm (depending on rounds)