Written by Administrator
Friday, 15 May 2009 14:54
RULES & REGULATIONS
2012 HOME CANNING CONTEST
There will be six categories for entries:
(1) Soft Spreads – Jams & Jellies (Jarden Home Brands)
(2) Butters & Marmalades (TEEA)
(3) Fruits (Jarden Home Brands)
(4) Vegetables (Jarden Home Brands)
(5) Sauces (TEEA)
(6) Pickles & Pickled Vegetables (Jarden Home Brands)
1 Entries will be accepted in both youth and adult divisions.
2. All entries must have been canned this year 2012. Must be
in standard canning jars quarts, pints and ½ pints only (no
mayonnaise, syrup, etc.), in good condition, free from rust,
dents, or other defects. Ball or Kerr and Mason matching
new two piece lid and ring must be used. All jars should
be clean and free of dust. Any entry not canned in
standard canning jars will be disqualified. Jam and jelly
type products cannot be sealed with paraffin wax.
3. Entries in the Soft Spreads Category must be prepared using
Ball Pectin: Original, No Sugar Needed, or Liquid. The
UPC from the Ball Product package must accompany the
entry as proof of purchase.
4. If jars are labeled, labels should be small and contain only
product name and date.
5. Entries will be checked in on Wed., Oct. 17th from 2-5 p.m.
at the Yamboree Exhibit Building. Judging tags required
for each jar entered. No entries will be accepted later than
5:00 p.m. Oct 17th.
6. Judging will be held from 9 a.m.-12 noon on Thursday.
Ribbons placed on all jars by 1 p.m. for viewing. Best of
Show pictures will be taken on Friday, October 19th at 3:00
p.m. No products will be tasted due to food safety
7. All entries will be on display in the Exhibit building through
Saturday, Oct. 20th. All entries and awards are to be
picked up between 3 & 4 p.m. on Saturday. NO
EXCEPTIONS Entries not picked up will be taken to the
county extension office, and if not picked up within 14 days
after the close of the Yamboree, will be disposed
Awards will be given in both youth and adult divisions, in
For complete rules and awards, you may contact the chairperson
or go to the web at www.yamboree.com
Special thanks to the Yamboree Association & TEEA.
Please use same Fresh Preserving Logo as last year
Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 23:27